Connection to Hoektoe7

I helped a friend today to do a scan at his house, and he picked up quite a few SSID’s. Hoektoe7 had a signal strength of -70. We plotted a node on Wind. Cedar (#14675)

Is there anyone who can assist with the connection?

Many thanks!

I helped a friend today to do a scan at his house, and he picked up quite a few SSID’s. Hoektoe7 had a signal strength of -70. We plotted a node on Wind. Cedar (#14675)

Was pandora one of the ssid? I think Hoektoe is not connected any more. Can you post the scan results here?

Hi Ogon

Yes, Pandora was, so was Koeiklap and Mammon2, but I did not scan any further when i saw Hoektoe3, and then Hoektoe7 with a good signal strength. Strange that someone would no longer be connected but I still picked them up. I’ll scan again tonight and post results.

Ok, I scanned again, and I managed to pick up Mammon2 with a signal strength of -77/78. This is not ideal. I was scanning with a SXT. Would a directional antenna give better results? Or better equipment?

Strange that someone would no longer be connected but I still picked them up.

I think Morne04 must still go “uninstall” the equipment

Would a directional antenna give better results? Or better equipment?

A 27dbi grid and groove should take you into the high 60’s, my recommendation would be 30dbi dish and netbox to future proof the connection.
Jypels and Diabolix should be best to advise you off course. Don’t buy before consulting them.

I have a 30dbi grid and a Groove52 that I can use. I’ll give it to my friend if he’s allowed to connect with it. We would like to incur as little expenses as possible and make do with what we have, but I will consult with them first.\

Thanks!!

hi necrolyte, PM me your cell number and I can add you to our area whatsapp group. Best place to get advice.

This Thread can be closed, Cedar has been connected to Pandora for a while now

Hi, thanks for everyone’s assistance!