CTWUG LAN Event 2019

Good Day my fellow wuggers

So . . . . It’s been a while . . . . and I’m . . . a bit rusty - but here goes . . .

Allow me to start this post out with a question . . . :slight_smile:
Who all would be interested in joining a LAN event . . . and if you just thought to yourself . . . "I would ! ! ! " . . . then join in on this opportunity . . . along with fellow wuggers/gamer’s . . . whom you possibly haven’t seen in a while . . .
Or meet those familiar voices . . . which you’ve only heard during TeamSpeak conversations . . . you then try to recognize the voice . . . and try to guess the name while being stunned by the thought that’s going through your mind: “I expected that guy to look different” . . . and you have a good laugh about it afterwards . . . :smile:

You Like That Idea . . . ?
Cool . . .

So here’s the deal . . .
As per tradition. . . , this annual favorite is back in fashion - due to popular demand . . . and it will once again become an institution at our Yearly CTWUG AGM . . . because a lot of us has missed it’s occurrence so much . . . and have been asking about it . . .

The CTWUG will be providing a Venue for this event - Same Venue where we will be having our AGM Meeting on 7 December 2019 . . . Belleville High School . . . the default venue as of late.
The event will follow the Meeting and will be running from . . . well . . as soon as the Meeting ends . . . , I suppose ! . . . till the next morning . . . , I would imagine . . . !
Cant have a Half-Day LAN event that occurs one per year . . , right ? ?
But Meeting first . . . Gotta have some formalities too . . . right. . . . :wink:

SO . . . Here’s whats required from the Community in order for this to be a success . . .

Hope I have your attention . . .
Unlike previous events where everything was arranged only by a certain group of people . . . and the same people contributed every time . . . We would like to do things a little, different this time around . . . We would like to give the greater CTWUG Community a chance at participating in driving this event - In doing so . . . we hope to get a greater variety of different “flavored ideas” involved to create a Great Dish at the end of the day . . . Not your usual preset menu . . . but rather a “lekka mix masala” vibe which bears various input . . . but still make a great recipe . . .

In short . . . The Community will be organizing their own LAN event and the Committee provide the Venue - Hoping to get some valuable input from previous event organizers mixed with additional suggestions and comments . . .

Lets see how this goes . . . Floor is open to suggestions. If you interested . . . (and I know you are right . . .) then add some comments on your thoughts . . . and lets start collaborating to get this thing on the roll . . . I’m anxious to see what we can come up with . . . remember . . . 7 December is around the corner so there’s limited time left . . . but totally doable.

This would present a good opportunity to put the issues regarding the “Hacking” topic to rest for good as well . . . as we’ll probably also have spectators that would probably be checking out the vibe (while wishing they brought their pc’s along . . . like you did at previous LAN events - You know who you are . . .:sunglasses: . . . )

Here’s what we might need:

• Tables.
  • Servers with games on that we could perhaps get some suggestions from here.
  • Switches.
  • Lan Cables.
    Power Extensions and Leads
    Who can bring what . . . and what else could we possibly add to make this event memorable in a good way . . .

Oh Yes . . . did I mention that entry fee is Free . . .
Boerewors Rolls and light refreshments will be provided by the Committee. . .

Would love to see you there . . .

Regards
NissaN

12 Likes

Nice nissie…see you there,wil b sure to bring my nomer6 potjie kos pot…and some other goodies…misfit way

6 Likes

Nice oom Nissan. Don’t think I can be at the lan but can sent Ballistic Overkill version 1.5.4, dedicated server and client(working) with one of the Plain guys if they’re going. Will try to check if Homefront is still working and send it along too. Enjoy!!!

4 Likes

Should have rules and regulations in place. Consequences of breaking these should also be made clear and confirmed that it will be the case by every CTWUG member.

3 Likes

@arizona
Thanks Phantom . . . That’ll be great . .

2 Likes

awesome stuff , ek dra graag my hulp by :sunglasses:

5 Likes

goodday wuggers @nissan i have a 42 port gigabyte switch you guys can use

6 Likes

@ktfomagic
Thanks for your contribution - That will surely come in handy . . . We’ll probably need some Lan Cables as well . . . Would appreciate it we could get some contributions in this regard , , ,

Common guys . . . we need some more input here . . . Where’s our Gaming Admins at ? ?
We need you . . .

Hi all

I will assist in getting the Lan on the go @nissan
The power is limited at the venue i had the assistance of @Demented to assist me with that issue at all my previous Lan events let me no how i can help regarding game servers ext.

Regards FusionTRD

1 Like

@fusionTRD
Thanks man . . . That will be great . . . Looking forward to having you onboard on this venture - Your skills and expertise in this regard come highly recommended . . . as well as your experience with arranging a similar event at these premises in the past . . . perhaps a meeting would be a good idea for further discussion . . .
Thanks for offering your assistance.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for their comments and offering in assistance/contributions . . . Much appreciated . . .
Keep em coming . . .

1 Like

Any suggestions for games?

1 Like

Hi All

What is needed for the Lan?

Below are the Basics:

Monitor cable and monitor power cord
computer
computer power cord
keyboard
mouse
mouse pad
headphones
network patch cable.

1 Like

Kingbeanz has box of lan cable available if someone has connectors and a criping tool we can make the cables.

2 Likes

Hi Guys

Net ingeval daar dalk nie 'n game gehost word wat jy graag sou wou speel nie . . .
As enige van julle dalk Lan games het wat ons more by die Lan kan speel . . . Bring dit saam asb . . . Maar maak net seker daars nie virusses op nie asb . . .
Racing Games
FPS Games
Strategy Games
Ons wil graag vir almal probeer cater waar games concern is . . . So probeer maar saambring wat julle graag sou wil speel . . . Dan kan ons dit deel met mekaar en almal lekka saam 'n gampie druk . . .
Sien julle more . . .

NissaN

3 Likes

Aloha my fellow Wuggers

A big shout out to those who decided to pick up arms in the gaming world in support of a “Dynamite” event - which was shortened by Eskom’s abrupt intervention . . . yet it still made a huge impact on the Gaming Scene . . . thus “resuscitating” . . . or should I say “re-incarnating” Lan Gaming among our Community . . . The atmosphere was of such a nature, that everyone present was sad to leave when the dreadful Load Shedding ordeal hit us at around 22H00 that evening.

Needless to say - everyone was in agreement that we had a good run . . . . which made it all the effort that was put in to be there, worth the while.

All went well, even with the odd Lan associated hick-ups of borrowing/swapping out a Lan cord here and there with a fellow gamer for a longer one . . . or the odd kettle cord which needed to be lend to another due to the one which was supposed to come, along still being plugged into the power socket at home :smile: . . .

All-in-All . . . We did quite well in achieving a good turn-out of interested parties . . . and I’m sure that I speak for everyone in stating that this event was a success - Well done and thanks to those who made it possible . . . you did well.

Last but not least . . . On behalf of the community - I would like to thank the @Committee for agreeing to make the venue available to us for hosting this event - This was truly instrumental in this unifying experience, which all of us appreciate tremendously . . . I’m sure we’re all looking forward to the next one . . . as the bonding experience we had made us once again unite as a community who share common interests in an effort to bridge boundaries.

Also a big thanks to @fusionTRD for his efforts in arranging/borrowing his Gaming Server for us to host some games on.

Apologies if I 've missed anyone - I promise to thank you next time . . .

And as they say . . . If there’s no pics - then it did not happen :slight_smile:
So here goes . . .

Before Load Shedding

Aftermath
“. . . And darkness rested upon us . . .”

Remedial Action
Time to pack up . . .

Thanks to all for the support - If you’ve have missed this one . . . Then hopefully we’ll see you at the next one . . .

Cheers
NissaN

11 Likes

Thank you @Committee @nissan @Coms @redrbk @BabyGirl all others…
too many to mention for making this event a success.
Can’t wait for the next one.

6 Likes

Thanks to @KINGBEANZ1 for donating the box of Lan Cable to the cause . . .

2 Likes