Please use this post to nominate someone for CTWUG Technical officer
The nominee must be a natural person
You’ll need a nomination and two seconds to be able to stand as a candidate in the election
You can nominate or second as much persons as you like
You can nominate or second yourself
If you have a nomination and two seconds you will have until nominations closing date to accept your nomination.
Nominations will close on the 11th August 2017 23h59
Duties of the
- Ensure all core network services are running correctly and efficiently with as high an uptime as possible.
- Run and select (and dismiss) the CTWUG network admins and services admins.
- Ensure services admins sign a non-disclosure agreement and file as needed.
- Maintain the administrators WiKI page (http://wiki.ctwug.za.net/CTWUG_Admin)
- Maintain the servers wiki page (http://wiki.ctwug.za.net/Ctwug_servers)
- Ensure the core routing technologies is maintained (ospf currently) (with help of network admins as needed).
- Evolve and continuously develop WMS (either yourself or ensure it is done), making changes for RouterOS changes, etc (with help of services admins as needed).
- Maintain and add PPTP/L2TP tunnels to CTWUG webservers as needed (with help of services admins as needed).
- Ensure all digital assets are backed up and kept safe - you are the guardian of all digital assets, databases, websites, data, etc.)
- Present a TECHNICAL UPDATE at the quarterly meeting.
THE CTWUG TECHNICAL OFFICER IS THE TECHNICAL LEADER OF THE NETWORK.