With my site drastically reducing in height, I will not be able to maintain some links that I have at the moment. I have looked & discussed possibilities for these links to be taken over with some site owners that agreed to help:
Node wolffie - Taking over Anglosaxon and NemesisKfn links.
Node Coms - Taking over Nightsight link
Links to be dropped temporarily:
Darksaint (hoping to get this one back up, not sure if my new height would allow this)
- Anglosaxon HS feeds Stoof as well as psyBorg, thus these sites and their clients will be down completely once I remove the feed (some 25-30 nodes in total). These should be short-lived (I hope), as wolffie would be able to supply feed from around 17 September onward.
- NemesisKfn HS feeds BadBoy (12-odd clients) which feeds dade (12-odd clients), and has around 20-odd clients. Once my link disapppears, the only uplinks would be Sandman (not sure if that is up, building his side) and Brackrat (via dade/BadBoy). I do realise that the Brackrat link does minimal traffic, will try gett wolffie feed sorted ASAP (as per above dates)
- Nightsight HS (around 6 clients) would also be affected, should be sorted in short period of time with Coms-takeover.
- Eris HS has no clients, and would be taken down permanently
- stiaanm sector clients can try reconnect, but unfortunately most would fail due to trees around me. I expect to lose around 6 clients total with this.
Removal of my equipment will start this coming weekend with the non-essentials being first to go. If you lose connectivity, this would be why…
Requirements (at this time):
Anglosaxon link: 1 X Dish & RB
Nemesiskfn link: 1 X Dish & RB
Nightsight link: 1 X Dish & RB
What we have:
- RB912 to be used from Coms, dish would be required.
- Old 30dB dish with RB was donated to Anglosaxon-link
What we still need (at this point):
2 X dish
1 X RB
If any of you have any of the required equipment lying around, please consider donating towards the above links. An alternative would be to donate some money via the CTWUG bank account towards the Kraaifontein area, which can the be used to buy some new goodies for this.