Not sure if this is in the correct category, but it doesnt really fit into Wugger Support either, so here goes.
I am experiencing the weirdest problem ever, even has my ISP stumped. Lets see if the Wuggers can do better.
I was doing some work on a node on wind.ctwug.za.net. After a while the page stopped loading and I got Timeout errors.
After some checking I tried forum.ctwug.za.net, that worked 100%
then I tried chat.ctwug.za.net - that seemed to be down as well.
I checked on our area watsapp group, but evertone reported that it was working.
This is where things get weird....
Things Tried to troubleshoot :
- I can ping AND traceroute to both sites. .....ok
- Tried on 3 other computers on the same network .......same problem
- Tried a different browser ......Same problem
- Cleared browser cache etc. .........Just in case
- Tried on my phone (connected to my network via wifi) ........same problem
- Turn off Wifi and access via LTE /3G ..........it WORKS!!!
So naturally I assume its something to do with my ISP., gave them a call.
2 hours of troubleshooting, pings, traceroutes, etc etc. ISP recons its not them,.
ISP can access the 2 sites
My home PC can access
PCS on my network cannot.
Then suddenly its working again, no changes on my site whatsoever.
Happy chappy starts working on WIND again., all ok
5 minutes later - Same problem.
Can anyone give me some insight on whats going on here? What is happening after hop 9?
My ISP seems to think that anything before hop9 is on their network and responsibility, but once it leaves it slows down.
While I was typing this it started working again, and I can now access WIND again.