In today's age and technology, if you want to be up there just doing networks is not going to take you far.
Here is my thoughts on what you should study (I'm also a MICT Certified Moderator & also have a registered accredited training institute).
First listed are all self paced without any money required for classes but before I list everything. The main thing you should ALWAYS know under any circumstance is. POWERSHELL & COMMAND LINE or any CLI. Over & Over & Over. If you want to be a Senior Tier 3 Tech with a nice pay. You need to learn Powershell from Day 1. Best way is to start off with Programming in C# with Visual Basic Course.
1) MCSA: Server 2012 (3x modules)
2) CompTIA N+ (1 module)
3) VMware Certified Associate (VCA: Datacenter Virtualization) - 1 module
4) 1x Endpoint Security; Kaspersky, ESET, Trend Micro, Symantec
5) 1x Perimeter Security; Dell Sonicwall, Sophos UTM, Fortigate, pfSense, Check Point, Palo Alto, etc
6) CISCO CCNA + CCNA Security (2x CCENT modules)
7) 1x NAS/SAN storage technology.
1) MCSE: Server Infrastructure (MCSA + 2 modules)
2) VMware Certified Professional 6: Data Center Virtualization - 5 days course compulsory (R18000)
3) CCNP Security
4) Citrix Certified Associate / Professional - Virtualization
5) AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
6) MCSD: Windows Developer
7) Storage Professional in at least two technologies
8) Associate in converged technologies such as Nutanix, Dell, Netapp
1) VCAP: VMware Advanced Certified Professional - Datacentre Design
2 VMware VDI / Citrix VDI / Microsoft VDI / AppSense VDI etc Professional.
3) Multiple MCSE's. Server, Sharepoint, Dataplatform, etc
4) Multiple CCNP's, Routing & Switching, Security, etc
5) MCSE: Azure Solutions Architect
6) Hyperconverged Professional in technologies such as "Simplifity"
Finish up to level 2 and begin level 3 and you can easily get a R40 000 - R60 000pm job in Bellville. I'm almost done with the level 3 stuff.
But then again my goal is to become an Enterprise Architect one day which requires me to know all technologies.