Support & Technical Engineers
We are an innovative and dynamic Internet Service Provider company in Stellenbosch, currently expanding and seeking Support & Technical Engineers.
Being a market leader in our industry, we aim to provide an exceptional and stimulating work place. We offer a challenging, friendly and rewarding environment.
We are looking for Support and Technical Engineers to join our team as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible and accountable for providing an overall support and technical service to business clients telephonically, and via e-mail as well as internal support to all stakeholders. Reviewing the work order and assessing the time already spent with the customer so that the work is prioritized and time management is sufficiently utilized.
• Point of escalation for troubleshooting, and defect and enhancement reporting for the company’s products and services.
• Clearly documenting defects and enhancements and liaising with customers (internal and external)
• Fostering a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, with focus on improving customer, and employee experience
• Acting as a role model, coach, and mentor within the support team
• Defining best practices, business process flows, and adding to the knowledge base
• Providing technical training and knowledge transfer to internal or external parties
• Monitoring and management of support cases and files
• Query creation, reporting and analysis, including provision of quantitative operational metrics for measurement of efficiency, trends analysis and forecasting
• Timely communications with team regarding changes, system interruptions, and new tools and documentation resources
• 2 - 5 years experience in IT
• Minimum 2 years’ senior-level customer support or technical support experience.
• Proven experience with the following technologies: LAN & WAN technologies and terminology, VoIP and PBX, Wireless connectivity, firewall configuration, routing and switching. Email: Linux and MS Exchange. MS-SQL database and Windows/Linux servers.
• Thorough knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems, Servers and Storage devices.
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans with excellent customer facing and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to understand flows and provide creative technical solutions.
• Strong capabilities of building organized processes and structured formal documentation.
• Ability to comply with tight deadlines.
• Other skills: self-learning, highly motivated and a team player.
• Setup and administration skills for operating systems and network domains, preferably MS Windows servers, Active Directory, Mac O/S, Unix/Linux MS SQL Server installation, configuration, and optimization Installation and configuration of encryption products.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to execute actions necessary to achieve goals.
Education and Qualifications
• Relevant IT qualification.
• Relevant technical work experience, including server and network administration, software application development, database administration and cloud computing.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a problem-solving environment.
• Experienced in producing technical and procedural documentation and in delivering related training.
• Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
• Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and results driven.
To be discussed at interview stage.