Does CTWUG have a Committee?

Does CTWUG currently have a committee?

There hasnt been an election in August, so I’m curious what has happened, this is fundamental to the constitution of the group.

Would also love to see a recent bank statement…

4 Likes

Preach… Bring back the beetle!!!

1 Like

i also would like to know because we dont hear anything whats going on at ctwug

Hi all

At this point in time CTWUG does not seem to have a committee anymore. Could you please spread the word to the First Contact in your area to get hold of me so we can arrange a suitable date & time for all to join a meeting to decide the path forward.

This would be either to disband CTWUG (not the one I would like to see), or alternatively establish a new committee to take the group forward…

2 Likes

Hi Stiaan

I am happy to join this meeting as a first contact for my area.

2 Likes

hi all kfn would also like to join the meeting some of us are still intrested some not

so are there any dates for a meeting

1 Like

No dates for the meeting yet, as I have received an extremely limited response. As far as joining, the meeting itself would be limited to First Contacts only, as they would have to appoint a new temporary committee to decide the path forward until an election can take place.

1 Like

This meeting needs to happen asap, there are a many CTWUG sites that is not even being maintained.

To name a few
Lapetus
Mars
Mercury
Ariel - not visited in ± 5 year
Venus - not visited in ± 3 years
Rhea - owner would like us to actually remove site
Calisto
Atlas
Nemesiskfn
Saturn building has been abounded for two + years
Phobos
Europa
Mimas - last I saw the equipment is not even on the silo and this after more that 10 attemps to get to the silo to remove the kit

Last I heard there was R90 000 in the bank

My opinion is only way we can save our community is via a few good fibre vpn links

This meeting needs to happen asap, there are a few CTWUG sites that is not being maintained.

To name a few
Lapetus
Mars
Mercury
Ariel - not visited in ± 5 year
Venus - not visited in ± 3 years
Rhea - owner would like us to actually remove site
Calisto
Atlas
Nemesiskfn
Saturn building has been abounded for two + years
Phobos
Europa
Mimas - last I saw the equipment is not even on the silo and this after more that 10 attemps to get to the silo to remove the kit

Last I heard there was R90 000 in the bank

My opinion is only way we can save our community is via a few good fibre vpn links

2 Likes

Well like to see a vpn link to the ctwug as i have 2 40 mbs and 2 10mbs up that i can use

As there is no clear ling of sight to a hi site for my location

And i well like to join the meeting as vpn is the way of the thither as the internet has taking over

Ek hoop ons kan n meting reel soo dat ons kan besluit what om te doen.

nog steeds geen feedback op enige meetings nie

Nope, wag nog steeds op First Contacts om my in die hande te kry…

Just a thought …

I am not sure what works off Calisto anymore.

I have direct line-of-sight with Calisto. With my current working stable link to Ironman, we should be able to resurrect Calisto again. I have some spare Mikrotik and Ubiquiti kit that can be put to good use.

Hi,as is known now i stay in maitland and here is no members i knw of…but i want to gt a connection and have a highsite that can be used in ou belhar area…also want to be part of the meeting…thx

I am still connected to Callisto, but no direct connection to our local WUG anymore. I do have a connection via a VPN tunnel over fiber, but that of course lead nowhere if the local guys are not connected to Teraco anymore. In Kfn, I only have Nightsight that still connects to me, with one or two minor possibilities to try get somebody on, but that would be something to attempt as we go on (no use connecting to me at this stage as I am effectively a dead end)

Maybe @diabolix can give some guidance here?

If your link to Callisto is possible, we can at least get some connectivity going again in all kinds of directions:

1 Like

Ek sal hraag well connect op you vpn or you can connect to my vpn ?

With regards to Callisto. We could re-use some of the Mikrotik kit at Callisto.

1. Callisto - Rhea link (dead)
  2. Callisto - Sselmrah link (dead)

lineofsight

I have a spare 30dbi//Netbox5 Mikrotik antenna that we can use on my side.

1 Like

All game for it my side, but somebody would have to arrange the Callisto visit…

1 Like

@Stiaanm Sound like a good plan. I am game for it.

So whats the story with the wug now…any meetings or progress?

Unfortunately I have not heard a peep from anybody on First Contacts, thus cannot do anything (yet)…