IT Support Engineer/Technician
* Must have good reliable transport and willing to work shifts.
* Willingness to learn.
* Clear English speaking
IT Technical background
* Minimum 2+ years in the IT Field
* Good Knowledge of Hardware and Software
* Networking skills
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Exchange
* Server Backups
Must have experience
* IT Support: 3 years (Required)
* Networking: 2 years(Required)
* Microsoft Applications: 1 year (Required)
* Education High School (matric) (Required)
* Language: English (Required)
The below certification would be an advantage.
* A+ Technical skills
* MCSE ( or good experience)
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management
* Reading, monitoring and responding to emails and tickets
* Provide end to end Desktop Support and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, regarding IT support.
* Provide quality service to our staff in all assigned tasks, while upholding Client values at all times
* Act in a professional manner in accordance with the company’s standard processes and procedures;
* Support all internal staff with product training, knowledge and expertise.
* Provide solutions in a timely fashion for issues that may arise.
* Log and track support calls in the designated systems
* Troubleshooting the IT issues
* Prioritise and escalate jobs as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Identify trends in the support calls and develop documentation
* Address these most-often reported problems and issues. Notify management of increasing trends, unusual activity or repeated activity.
* Use the correct procedures and escalate I.T issues where necessary
* Brief customers as well as management on the status of current resolution efforts and attend daily/weekly meetings as requested or required.
* Recommendations for product or system improvements including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation.
* Following basic ITIL procedures
* Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ’s resources on the Intranet to assist with end users issues.
* Assist other team members to initiate, design and manage effective support solutions as directed by our business needs.
* Assist with the development and testing of newly designed products for operational integrity and function
* Show increased awareness towards the company’s safety and security standards and be vigilant at all times for non-conformities
Work requirements will be 45 hours a week, however the days and times might vary as you would be enlisted into a shift rotation. This is based on 9 hour intervals (Monday to Friday and Weekend standby)
Our firm is an International Operation and as such our support protocols dictate that you may be required to be on duty over S.A. Public holidays, should the period fall within your shift rotation.
Shift Patterns may be subject to change with reasonable notice, to accommodate business requirement.
Please send CV’s to email@example.com