Please assist with new equipment!

I am looking to upgrade my WUG, but will need help. I am in Kraaifontein and connect to Acidice.
Need advice but am on a budget.

Maybe a better explanation of what kit you are currently running and what you are expecting to “Upgrade your wug” too as well as your budget :slight_smile:

Just makes things easier for us to help you

1 Like

What @Zassie said and why not speak to @Acidice directly since he is your Access Point and he knows what he is going to do with his site and what equipment he is running and so on maybe he plans to upgrade also just my 2cents

2 Likes

My son set it up, with a Mikrotec rb 411, Wireless card 52 and 19Db panel.
Budget as little as possible… economy and all that. Thanks @Zassie and razor1.
@Acidice any advice?

1 Like

i had a look on wind and you are so close to @Acidice 230meters so second hand SXT Lite (TX Power Turned Down to 0db) will be ok unless you are planning on moving anytime soon :slight_smile: then u might need something bigger like a Dynadish for distance. SXT’s go for about R350-R500 depends who is selling it. The other option is new SXT or LHG5 Both go for around ± R950 vat incl

1 Like

Thank you @razor1. Anybody with a second hand SXT?

1 Like

@Hellbent best is to create a new wanted topic in the classified sections , not a lot of ppl will read it here.

1 Like

Hi Hellbent, I agree with Razor, a SXT should be a nice upgrade for your current system and will allow you to go to N-type speeds with Dual polarity capability. Currently you are still connecting on A - because that is what your device supports. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further help in setting up, when you get the new equipment.

Regards
AcidIce
(oliver)

1 Like

Thanx AcidIce. Now to find the equip.
Regards

Scoop, easy pickings.

SXT’s are cheap.

Just make sure you use the new order method, the topic has been stickied.

2 Likes

Thanx Dia. Looking into it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.