Rhea seems to be offline 14 June 2018

Hi there Rhea seems to be offline I am not connected at this time, cant see any links either, I connect the the 5ghz sector.

The sector detected radar and switch the radio off. All clients seems to be back, @NetworkAdmins should look for a new frequency.

Think I found the issue, the router was upgraded and if I read and understood the changelog correctly, it seems that after ros 6.37 you can’t turn off DFS any more.

— IMPORTANT! DFS CHANGES:

DFS configuration in RouterOS has been redesigned, now device looks at specified country settings (/interface wireless info country-info), and applies corresponding DFS mode for each frequency range automatically, making dfs-mode setting unnecessary.

Please, check that your frequencies work with corresponding DFS settings before upgrade.

!) console - dfs-mode setting does not exist any more and all scripts with such setting will not be executed;

!) wireless - DFS option is removed, corresponding DFS mode for each frequency range applies automatically;

2 Likes

I have been monitoring the Kingpin8 sector and have found that the clients do not actually stay connected.
The sector keeps detecting the radar signal and then promptly drops all clients.
@NetworkAdmins It would be awesome if you guys could help the clients by changing the current frequency.

3 Likes

I have not seen this before on rhea,( i have been on it for 10 years now ) is someone possibly being an ass and aiming a radar gun at Rhea ? I will let u guys know if i see the sig drop and when, here is a frequency usage i just collected.

I hope it helps
and PS thanx for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Mark 1295/praxus on WIND

Manufacturers of wireless devices are being forced to make DFS mandatory on their equipment. I know ubiquity has been doing this for more that n year on their equipment, you can’t turn DFS off in the standard config. Was only a matter of time for mikrotik to follow.

I was looking on the internet for a video I saw last year explaining the effect that 5GHz has on weather radar but couldn’t find it. Here is a link for you to read through.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00048.1

4 Likes

Does anyone know if there is a problem with Rhea, the signal is missing