I have an issue with an Asus Maximus III Formula Motherboard (same is in the pic below). Board starts up (led’s, cpu fan) . . . but won’t post anything to the monitor (which is working on another pc of course). . . The board was checked outside a pc case on a wooden desk to be sure that there is nothing which could cause a short on the bottom of the board.
I’ve also tried the following without any success . . . :
- Reset Bios as per instructions in User’s Manual.
- 2 X Different GPU’s (both working in another pc).
- Different rams modules in various slots (ram is within recommended spec by Asus).
- Re-seated & Checked CPU to feel whether it heats up (to check whether it switches on).
- Different PSU (working perfectly in different pc).
I suspect a Failed Bios Software or Failed Bios Chip. There are No SPI Header on this board . . . but the Bios Chip is removable., , , But I don’t have a programmer to perform the operation - Lack of skill in this department also . . . Open to suggestions from the community on other avenues to pursue . . .
I’m also looking for some guidance on the way forward . . . as I wouldn’t want to ditch this board just yet. I would appreciate it and would welcome any suggestions on how to go about in fixing it.
Or if some might have a board such as this one that has been damaged in another way (perhaps bent pins or blown caps) . . . I would appreciate it if they could bless a fellow tinkerer with a donation of a bios chip . . . at a fee of course . . .
Much appreciating your help . . .